CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
2024-2025 DISTRICT 17 LEADERS
Dear Members, Past District Governors/Directors and Club Officers
District 17 is now calling for nominations for the elected and appointed 2024-2025 District Leadership Roles.
- The elected roles are:
- District Director
- Program Quality Director
- Club Growth Director
- Central Division Director
- Northern Division Director
- Eastern Division Director
- Southern Division Director
- The appointed roles include:
- Public Relations Manager
- Finance Manager
- Administration Manager
- Area Directors for all Divisions
Please go to the District Leadership Handbook and the District Leader Competencies included in the nominations documents to find out more about the role you are interested in. We recommend that you talk to the current role holders, especially in the case of the Division Director.
The Nomination period is now open, with nominations closing at midnight, Friday, 23rd February 2024.
You can nominate yourself or even put forward the name of a member you would like to see in the role. If you know that someone else is applying for a role, please do not let this stop you from submitting your nomination. Toastmasters Rules state that the District Leadership Committee should have a minimum of two (2) candidates for Club Growth Director, and each Division Director position, with a minimum of one (1) candidate for both District Director and Program Quality Director.
Finally, and most importantly, all Candidates (including floor candidates) must have been interviewed by the District Leadership Committee within this Toastmasters year (2023-2024). This is part of the rules from Toastmasters International. Floor Candidates must have also submitted their intent to run from the floor for any elective role at least seven (7) days prior to the election.
Please call me if you need further information if you are intending on becoming a Floor Candidate.
To nominate, you will need to:-
- Read the Candidate Campaign Guidelines, including Protocol 9.0
- Read the District Leader Qualifications and Responsibilities Document
- Read the Competencies for Positions
- Read and complete the Nominating Form
- Read and complete the Application Form
- Complete the Candidate Biographical Information Form
- Read and complete the Officer Agreement and Release Statement
- Read the Club Growth Director Handbook for those nominating as Club Growth Director
- Scan and email the completed documents and attach a head-shot photo of yourself to me, the District Leadership Committee Chairperson by the closing date of Friday 23rd February 2024.
All Candidate nominations/submissions are to be emailed to gavin.hyslop@toastmastersd17.
Should you have any queries or would like to discuss any of the roles or you have any questions with the nomination process please contact myself on 0477 707 711.
Gavin Hyslop PDD DTM
District 17 Leadership Committee Chairperson
Mobile: 0477 707 711.