In the last 12 months we faced a lot of challenges and uncertainties. But we also found out how quickly we can adapt and make changes to continue to thrive.
This is also a period where the leadership really matters. It is the leaders’ ability to stay on course, see a way through the fog, and lay a clear path to instil confidence and a bright future ahead for the District.
At the District Council Meeting in May we elected two of the six Division Directors for the 2021-2022 Toastmasters year. Thus, in accordance with the Toastmasters International protocols, it passes onto me to appoint the remaining Division Directors, which will be ratified at the next District Council Meeting.
Since being elected, we have been working diligently to build the leadership team for 2021-2022. I based the selection process on Toastmasters core values of Integrity, Respect, Service and Excellence. It is also important in the process to have passion, a can-do attitude and energy to drive and instil a positive message with a desire to achieve results.
It is my great pleasure to introduce the leadership team for 2021-22.
- Tim Blackburn – District Director
- Julie Dall – Program Quality Director
- Gavin Hyslop – Club Growth Director
- Michael Piotrowski – Division Director, Southern
- Jeff Zhang – Division Director, Inner City
- Peggy Leung – Division Director, Central
- Barbara Coles – Division Director, Western
- Angela Burchardt – Division Director, Northern
- Noor Talpur – Division Director, Eastern
- Mino Cho – Public Relations Manager
- Darren Law – Administration Manager
- Dan Franks – Finance Manager
- Pat King – Parliamentarian
- Tom Bielski – Webmaster
Tim Blackburn, DTM
District Director 2021-22
District 17, Toastmasters International